Friday 20 November 2020

Weekly Wrap up 11/20/20 -- Losing a beloved pet

 We lost our 9 year old Bearded Dragon a couple of weeks ago.  It was a complete shock as it was unexpected.  The night before I had taken him out of his enclosure and he seemed just fine!  The next morning when we went to clean his cage and he was gone.  

Sir Isaac love to sit on my lap or arm and watch TV in the evenings

Or sit on the top of the couch and look down on us
I know people think reptiles can not have personalities or even like their owners but I honestly believed he recognized me and enjoyed our cuddle times.
When he was feeling very relaxed he would splay out and close his eyes on my shoulder.  He seemed very content.


Someone in my Beardie group made an image of Sir Isaac crossing over the rainbow bridge.  I loved it so much I made a Christmas ornament out of it and it will hang on our tree this year.  


Sir Isaac will be missed and he was buried in our garden by the side of the house.  The hardest part was calling our oldest child at college to let her know of his passing.  We had originally gotten him for her, but over time I seem to have claimed him and spent the most time with him.  I enjoyed him so much.

It feel so weird to walk past his empty enclosure.  I haven't figured out what we are going to to yet with it.

GOODBYE SIR ISAAC, Hope you are getting lots of yummy horn worms where you are as that was your favorite treat!!

Next week is THANKSGIVING, so I will be taking the week off from blogging and enjoying family time.  My oldest is returning home from college early next week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment