I got two great announcements to share with you today. First I have finally gotten a Facebook page for Life's Adventures, YAY!!! So after 3 years of blogging and one year of thinking about forming a Facebook page I finally accomplished it this past weekend. I will be sharing homeschool links, freebies and other positive homeschool sites with you. It is my new adventure in the world of technology, I am still learning so please bear with me while I figure out this new media, but I hope you will join me in this new adventure:)
Next, I was honored with a Blog award a couple of weeks ago and am just now getting around to passing it on. Chris is from Campfires and Cleats and she has a great blog so click on over to see her wonderful family and blog.
I took this from Chris's page as to what does Liebster mean:
liebster is German for~
"sweetest," "kindest," "nicest," "dearest," "beloved,"
"valued," "endearing," and "welcoming."
Thanks Chris, it was wonderful to find this in my inbox and despite my lateness in getting a write up written, I really do appreciate the award!
So the rules of this award are as follows:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
1. I was never a tea drinker until I moved to the UK now I drink at least 2 cups a day, sometimes more
2. I still can't cook a proper English Sunday roast dinner and I have lived in the UK nearly 5 years.
3. I did learn this year to make a proper English Christmas pudding and Christmas Cake and it was good!!!
4. I love history
5. I love traveling
6. I love learning new things
7. I enjoy crafting and art and wish I was better at it than I really am
8. I wished I knew how to play an instrument, but I don't, so I am making my kids learn the piano to satisfy my need:)
9. I mostly read historical fiction books
10. According to my family I take way too many pictures of flowers;) it makes me happy
11. I buy myself fresh flowers every single week to put in the living room. It is my one selfish splurge/pleasure
2. Answer the 11 questions
1. Where did you grow up?
I am a military brat so I grew up in lots of places...I was born in Scotland, but lived in Taiwan, Okinawa, Maryland, Virginia, Maine, Enlgand--However I consider Maryland home as that is where I lived the longest.
2. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
Oh that is a hard one somewhere warm and near water, maybe Hawaii or San Fransico
3. What is your favorite book? ( Yes, pick ONE! LOL.!Okay, really, any number of faves!)
Another hard one...my favorite book is usually the one I am currently reading
4 Favorite movie?
When Harry met Sally -- it always makes me laugh
Before kids, I did stained glass and basket making, I even taught adult ed classes
6. Why did you begin your blog?
I started one year after moving to England and one year after beginning our Homeschooling journey. Mostly to keep family informed of our traveling and homeschooling adventures
87. What's your fairy tale wedding like?
I had mine already, marrying my husband in a vineyard, small and intimate, it was perfect!
8. If you could have dinner with a-n-y-o-n-e, who would that be?
Oh, someone from the Tudor period either Henry the 8th or Elizabeth the 1st.
9. Louisa May Alcott or Jane Austen?
That's a tough one but Louisa May Alcott wins by a tiny bit
10. Best spot for a relaxing dinner with the family?
Outdoor at our patio table with the sun shining, the grill on and watching the kids play
11. Favorite saint?
I can't answer this one as I am Lutheran :)
4. Choose 11 bloggers and pass on the award
In no particular order, I enjoy the following blogs
Hope you enjoy passing on the award to other well deserving blogs, I look forward to seeing who you nominate:)