Friday 13 November 2020

Weekly Wrap UP 11/13/20-- Stay at home vacation

In just two weeks we are heading to pick up Firedrake from college.  We can't wait to see her, she will be home until mid Jan, when she has to return to college.  I really didn't think they would make it the whole semester.  The last couple of weeks at home she will be completing her classes virtually.

My husband had to use up some of his vacation time so took a week off just to relax at home.  Unfortunately for him I had a "honey do" that I gave to him to complete that week.  He was not amused but these are things that have needed to get done for a long while.  

hanging a light in my glass studio
hanging pictures
finish edging the side garden and helping me put down weed carpet


I finished my latest stain glass piece which is for my husband's office.  It is very different more of a glass sculpture than anything.  It took me a while to figure out some of the pieces as I have never built 3D before.

He wanted a road runner and a southwest theme.  I used an old log as the base.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out considering it was my first attempt at 3D design.  


I made UK Christmas cakes., which is a tradition in our house.  I make one for the family and usually give the other two away as gifts.

This has been a hard year, we haven't gone anywhere for a holiday all year and the house is starting to close in on us.  We are all getting tired of the restrictions but we solider on so that we stay safe and also protect others.  Hopefully next year will be better.

1 comment:

  1. All of my husband's vacations have turned into honey do list vacations this year too. We hope that the coming year is easier on all of us. Your Christmas cakes look marvelous.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete