Friday 17 July 2020

WeelKy Wrap Up 7/17/20-- Stain glass projects

Since returning home I have been working on some stain glass projects that have just been waiting for me to find some extra time to complete for myself.

I got the lantern at IKEA and removed the plain window glass.  I had four blue Geos and decided to incorporate them into my lantern.  I like how it turned out.


Took me a while to find a light fixture that would go inside the lantern.  My husband found this type of LED Light bulb and it distributes the light evenly around the lantern. 

what it looks like when lite.  I placed it on a timer so it will light up every evening and turn itself off on it's own.


I have different Geo's on all side but they are all blue

Finally finished MarioFan's Pokemon character Snivey. 

Also got my garden stake finished and placed in the garden.



I am now looking to start a few more projects.  I still need to go to the glass store to get some blue glass so I can finish working on my dogwood lamp.

I am hoping the glass shop opens up soon for business.
MarioFan wants me to make a Pokemon figure for his best friend.  I am told his favorite character is
Axew.


I am working on a pattern for it right now.



I also want to make a stain glass window for the Homeschool Mom that I have been working with for the last several years for classes that our boys attend.  Neither one of us will be attending Co-op next year due to the virus so I wanted to make something to show gratitude for all the work she put into teaching our kids.  I really struggled with what to make so finally I asked her what her favorite flower or bird was.  She said she has American Golden Finches in her yard that she enjoys watching feeding at her bird house. So I am looking for a pattern -- right now this is the top choice.






Lastly, I have one more garden stake in my studio that I have been staring out for ages trying to decide what to make with it.  It is hexagon shaped.  after some thought I am going to make an internal bee hive with bees flying around.  I know in my head exactly what I want -- lets see if I can create it.  I already found a hexagonal pattern, now looking for the perfect bee patterns to to add to it. 

 I have a lot of projects planned and with MarioFan now officially on school break, I have more free time.  I will post my progress as I go.  Not all will be completed by September.

In between glass projects I am still working on ordering curriculum for 11th grade and preparing to send my oldest off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment