Friday 10 April 2020

Weekly Wrap UP 4/10/20 -- homeschooling during a pandemic

We are now into the 2 week of homeschooling under lock down and I did my first online lecture for Literature using Google hangouts.  We had a few unexpected disruptions (frame freezes or disconnections) but all in all it went smoothly. 

This week we were reading Paul Laurence Dunbar's poetry.  We were learning about dialect poetry of which he is well known for.
Kids have been playing with their friends online or doing online games a lot

Firedrake playing Dungeons and Dragons online with her weekly club

MarioFan is enjoying playing fortnight online with his friends

After working all day my husband has been working on his guitar playing.  Sir Issac the beardie enjoying the tunes on the back of the sofa.
 I have noticed a couple of benefits of all of us being home more than usual: laundry has decreased, everyone is doing their one evening cooking meal, and I actually have time to exercise daily.

MarioFan learning how to use the grill

Firedrake made Fried rice one night. 

Everyday after my husband finished teleworking from home, we take the dog for a walk.  Here is Luna asking if it is walk time :) 

My husband and I started watching the TV show Tiger King and all I can say is so glad I have never visited one of those parks because WOW, crazy.  We have only watched two episodes so far and that is probably enough for me.  I would rather watch more uplifting things right now. 

Right now I am researching how to make homemade face masks (the no sew kind) as that seems to be the thought right now, that everyone should wear a face mask.  I can't find any disposable gloves but I did find a unopened pack of dish washing gloves so I will be wearing that when I go shopping as I can wash those down with bleach once I get home. 

Blogging might be sparse for awhile since we aren't having many adventures.  Both kids are just doing school work and pretty much working independently or taking classes on Outschool. 

We just heard there are 11 cases of this virus in our community so we are staying inside and hunkering down still it passes. 

STAY SAFE EVERYONE------SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE !


No comments:

Post a Comment