Friday 6 March 2020

weekly wrap up3/6/2020-- Beethoven symphony and Pierogi making

We attending another symphony this week.  This one was quite different from the others we have been too as it was for school  children.  I must have missed that in the description but it was fun anyway.  This time there was an host that explained the music and got more audience involvement. 


They did an interesting segment playing Beethoven 5th symphony and Hall of the Mountain King n various musical styles such as Jazz, Rock, and Latin.  It was very interesting to hear the music change based on the beat it was emphasizing.  The Boys were quite impressed with this knowledge.
 We also attended a field trip to learn how to make Pierogi's.  I will be honest I have never made these before or think I have ever eaten them before.  However when I showed MarioFan the list for field trips at the beginning of the year this was one he was interested in.  Probably because it was food related:)
It was held at a Polish store called Siostra which means Sister in Polish. 

It was a big group of 13 kids and they all took turns to make the dough



We used a pierogi press to make the dumplings.
The first batch each of the kids made was a savory pierogi and they could add potato, cheese, mushroom bacon or broccoli
The second batch they made was a desert Pierogi

First you have to boil them

Then they are fried until golden brown

Then they got to eat them.  Delicious
MarioFan even let me taste one or two:)  While they were delicious it is probably not something we will ever make at home.  However if I ever see it on a menu  I would definitely order it. 

1 comment:

  1. I have only made pierogis a handful of times. It is so time consuming...lol. It's much easier to buy them. The family loves them and gets excited when I bring a bag home from Costco and will bug me about how soon they get to eat them. This would have been an awesome field trip to attend!

    ReplyDelete