Friday 23 August 2019

Weekly Wrap UP 8/23/19--School room clean up

I have been slowly over the last couple of days cleaning out our school room.  I took pictures because it is the cleanest it has been since the beginning of the last years school.  I was able to wean out a few things that the kids have outgrown, although I am still keeping too many things according to my husband;).
This is the school room from my desk and that is the neatest those book cases have been in about two years.  I  gave away nearly 4 large boxes of out grown books.  Scattered above every bookcase in the room are completed projects the kids have done over the many years of homeschooling.  I bought a brand new table cloth for the table which I do every year.  MarioFan and I don't spend every school minute here, we also use the kitchen, living and other areas to work but I do like having a place where all school supplies can go. 

this is a quick view of the other side of the room which is where my desk and MarioFan's computer sits.  MarioFan has yet to clean off his computer desk, but my desk is spotless (it won't be for very long). The bookcase and armoire holds school supplies like glue, pencils, science kits and completed projects from years past.  I have a few science and art kits that we still haven't opened!

This is my book case which holds all the classroom  material I used and the big pile of books next to it is all the curriculum I need to try to sell:) or give away
this next 2 areas are still a work in progress.  The pile under the window represents the last 10 years of home eduction.  This is all the work my kids have completed which includes projects, work books and their written work.  I haven't thrown anything away in 10 years of homeschooling.  The book case hold the many different reading books the kids have read or I want them to read while the bottom two shelves hold science kits and geography kits we have completed in the past

the next window has in front of it all my art and craft supplies and miscellaneous items that honestly I don't know what to do with.  I really need to deep clean this area but I keep putting it off because I just know if I get rid of it I will need it the very next day!

We are doing a little bit of school now, I am slowing adding in a few subjects with the plan to be at full load by the time Co-op begins in 3 weeks.  Firedrake has begun community college classes and working on her time management skills as she is also working part time.

No comments:

Post a Comment