Friday 5 July 2019

weekly wrap up 7/5/19--A visit from my MOM:)

My Mom spent about three weeks with us in June.  My father and I share a birthday so I wanted her to be with me on that day in addition to Father's day.  It was also good to have her around while my kids were at camp to keep me focused on other things rather then stressing over missing my kids.

Mom was here during MarioFan's birthday and learned how to play on his new virtual reality game

He loves this new system--He also got a drone but the dog is not to please with that toy.  Drives her crazy and she barks incessantly at the drone:(

While the kids were away at camp we took a few day trips out
Visiting St Genevie which is a french colonial town near us. 

Learned about the history of the state prior to the revolution and lots of history learned here.  We have taken the kids here in the past but since MarioFan is doing American history next year I foresee us doing another field trip out this way and I found out they do Homeschool Tuesdays during the school year!!!

They just opened up a new museum which wasn't here before so even more things were on display .  

the Local Science center had a Pompeii exhibit so we spent the morning exploring this as well.  Again this exhibit is going on until NOV so I may have to go back with the kids at some point

They had about a dozen or so casts of actual people and animals found at the site .  It was a great exhibit and if it comes near you I recommend checking it out.  MarioFan and I studied this  during out World History this past year.

On my birthday we went out to dinner just the three of us and remembered my Dad

I like this shot of my husband and I 
In addition to day trips my Mom help me do a little gardening, she has a green thumb which did not pass down to me!  Plus I have a herd of deer and rabbits that seem to eat everything I plant so I don't have the most amazing garden.  With her help I found some deer resistant plants and hope to have a little more color in my garden soon:)

We decided to add additional color to the garden and make some stain glass garden art together.  I have an old wrought iron basket holder that my Mom suggested transforming.
We worked on a pattern with the goal of just using scrap glass

Mom learning to foil the glass

and solder

checking it out before we finish it and place it in the yard
Found its place in the yard!

For my birthday my Mother found an amazing wrought iron  garden wheel.  I decided to add some glass to the spokes and once it is done it will also go out into the garden.  
Mom was with us after the kids returned home from camp and then she and I headed to her house so I could return the favor and help her in her garden and help around the house.  I will post about that visit next week:)





1 comment:

  1. Oh! Your garden art is beautiful!! I love it. So glad you were able to have a visit with your mom.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete