Friday 10 May 2019

Weekly wrap Up 5/10/19 -- Matisse art projects and Literature

For Literature MarioFan and his friend are working on reading the book "My Family and other Animals" by Gerald Durrell.  The lesson plans includes writing humor.  After reading the book we watched an episode of the show -----which is based on the book.


We only watched one episode of the show and it was  horrible, nothing like the book-- everyone agree the book was so much better 

For art we have completed studying Matisse and his various styles of art throughout his life.  For the art projects I decided to talk about positive and negative space and how artist use that in their art.

Some of the books we looked at when we learned about Matisse

We did a simple paper cut out to emphasize the point


I found in my art drawer these scissor that I forgot I had.



The boys completed two projects, one that was free form and then one with a little more structure.  


The next time we met up we examined Matisse work a little more closely and tried to copy it but with own own twist to it

My only requirement was that a figure needed to be in the picture somewhere

Can you find the figures?  
I thought the boys did well on this project.  Next up we will be learning about Picasso.

1 comment:

  1. I love Matisse!! I just went through the "surprise" of finding materials I forgot we had. I cleaned out the science/art cabinet for the first time in over a year. It took two days...lol. At least I know what we have now for the next science year!

    ReplyDelete