Friday 11 January 2019

Weekly Wrap Up 1/11/19-- Visiting family

Over the Christmas holidays MarioFan and I drove to my parents house which is over 12 hours away.  I am not a great long distance driver so for me this was huge!  My husband and Firedrake join us a week later by plane and we all drove back together.  We took our dog Luna with us in the car and found a college student to house sit and care for all the other animals at the house.



Luna loved my parents property where she could run and chase the squirrels

unfortunately she also like to roll around in deer poop too.  

Kids spent two afternoon baking various Christmas treats

Luna spent most of the visit sitting next to my Mom ignoring me.

Christmas morning she got her very own stocking from my parents

she took to the toys right away and by the end of our stay had chewed it apart and removed the squeaker toy inside.


My favorite photo of my parents on Christmas morning:)

Christmas dinner
We visiting the local Museum and say the train exhibit, which they do every year







For New Years eve the town drops a man holding a cigar.  The town was built on cigar making way way back.  We did not go out to see it New Years eve as we had to head back home the very next day

family picture of the kids with my parents!

Since the kids stayed up to greet the New Year they were both tired on the way home 

We made it home safely 
Public school resumed this week and we are slowly getting back into our normally hectic schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment