Friday 14 December 2018

Weekly Wrap up 12/14/18-- Christmas Piano Recital, teacher gifts, and driving

This week the kids had their Christmas Piano recitals.  Both of my children have been playing piano since age 7 or 8.  I think having some type of music skill is very important and helps with the fine motor skills and brain development.

Kids and their Piano tutor who has been working with them for four years

MarioFan playing "Walking in the Air" which is from a British Christmas show The Snowman




Here is the full show found on You tube is you would like to see a UK Christmas show.  I just love the music in it:)




Firedrake played Angels We Have Heard on High arrangement by David Lanz one of her favorite piano composers




I thought both kids did wonderful but I am biased:). Couple people came up and complimented Firedrake for her performance although she was mad as herself as she made a couple of errors.  She can be pretty hard on herself if things are not perfect!!

I finally wrapped up making the kids teachers gifts

I made a few stain glass ornaments.

My husband has been working with Firedrake on her driving skills.  They go out every weekend for one to two hours and just drive on various types of roads.  This week I got to ride shotgun, I was a bit nervous but she did great!

Our state requires kids to have at least 40 hours on the road in various weather before they can take the driving test.  She is at the halfway mark!


1 comment:

  1. They did a great job! Oh my goodness, I personally have no patience when riding with first time drivers, my hubs does this for us. Our 17 year old is the oldest non-license driver in our home. We are working on getting her there before she turns 18 yrs.

    ReplyDelete