Friday 4 May 2018

Weekly Wrap Up 5/4/18--Holes , art show and Japanese

The boys finished reading the book Holes and we watched the movie to do a compare and contrast exercise.  Both boys said the preferred the book to the movie.

Boys getting comfortable while watching the movie HOLES

I don't think I have added a picture this school year of my daughters Japanese tutor lessons.  She has been going to a tutor for two year now and is still passionate about learning this language.  We found a great tutor who is very enthusiastic about teaching Japanese!

Reviewing Grammar:)

The girls meet at a local star bucks for an hour each week and then Firedrake has to study on her own to maintain her knowledge.  I am quite impressed at what she has learned and her drive to continue:)

At coop we had our annual art show.  MarioFan never wants to submit any of his art work but Firedrake does every year.  This year she won honorable mention for one of her digital art pieces.  So she was very happy.  There were over 180 art and photo submitted for the art show this year.

Firedrake along with 2 others won honorable mention for their art work.  The competition is very tight!
I took a picture of my favorite art work for every grade level.  The best of show isn't even in my pictures!!














Next was the photography group.  There are some amazing photographers in our coop and once again I seem to have missed capturing the best of show photograph.









The judges had a tough year picking the best in each grade level and then best of show.  I wouldn't have wanted that job as I thought all the work was fantastic!




2 comments:

  1. Such lovely art work! So much talent in that co- op of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely artwork. What a great experience.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete