Friday 2 November 2012

Halloween Party foods

It is becoming a bit of a tradition here for us to host a small Halloween party and for the kids to make gory food for our guests.  Every year our meal consists of some frightful entrees:)!
My parents sent the kids this nifty brain jello mold

we added some gummy worms inside to make it extra gory!

Next we took some donut holes

covered them in white chocolate

added red or blue frosting and M&M's

and turned them into gruesome eyeballs

Next the kids found a pumpkin mouse recipe they wanted to try
which we added into a cooked pumpkin -- I thought it turned out nice

Next we cut some apples and made faces and cooked them slightly adding dried cranberries for eyes
then floated them in some apple cider for a scary look to our drink

Next the children helped make the stew

by cutting up the vegetables

and we served them with Ugali ghosts in the bowl.

My friend brought over a Dragon cake which was a big hit with my daughter

Little Man is Mario this year for Halloween

Princess is Angry birds:)
We had a great get together with friends and even manage to gross a few people out with our scary menu!

7 comments:

  1. I like the food ideas. Most of them seem pretty simple. Simple is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys go all out! Those are some pretty gross looking foods (which is a good thing for Halloween!). Did people eat the mousse or was it decoration? I've never used a cooked pumpkin as a serving dish, so wasn't sure how that would work????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pumpkin mousse was excellent, I am keeping that recipe:) I put it in a small bowl that fit just inside the pumpkin. Right after I took the picture the bowl fell into the pumpkin:(LOL

      Delete
  3. I just don't know that I could do the brain thing or the apple cider :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is never a dull moment in your home. I loved the different Halloween food items. However, I am not sure I could eat it if I had to look at it; not true for it all. Your children's costumes were adorable. I had wondered if you celebrate Halloween where you are.
    What a fun time!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween is celebrated here but on a much much smaller scale. Most people do not hand out candy so my children's candy haul is very small...which is a good thing.

      Delete
  5. Can I say, "Yuck!" I loved each one and wished my kids were still little to try all these great ideas. You really have a lot of fun with them, don't you? Thanks for linking up with us at No Ordinary Blog Hop. Every blessing, Kelly

    ReplyDelete