Once downloaded it is an easy program to use and your children can begin playing it right away. At a glance here are the benefits of the program per the CapJaxMathFax site:
- Uses a computer to provide drill and practice so that practice time is not limited by teacher availability.
- Automatically generates exercises. Teachers don't prepare quizzes. They merely provide the parameters for them.
- Builds exercises for any of the four math tables (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) or any combination of tables.
- Guarantees student success by taking small steps through levels of
- Can focus practice at a single level of difficulty or may review earlier levels.
- Randomly generates problems without repetition.
- Allows variable numbers of problems in an exercise.
- Reduces learner stress by timing facts individually.
- Provides immediate positive feedback for correct answers.
- Provides extra reinforcement for fast, correct answers.
- Displays an overall performance report at the conclusion of each exercise.
- Prints reports for teacher review and for use as certificates of achievement.
- Displays and prints item diagnostic details.
- Uses a rating system that allows students to keep personal scores and
- Charts student rating progress graphically.
- Maintains a database of student activity over time.
My family's thoughts:
I am using this program with my 7 year old DS and my 10 year old DD. My son loves the program and will often ask to play outside of designated school time. He finds the rush of getting the answer correctly before the 3 seconds a fun game! My daughter on the other hand is not as keen. I think this is due to the pressure of the 3 sec time that I initially used. She didn't like the pressure of coming up with the answer so quickly. I have since changed the setting to not show the time but unfortunately she has not been able to recover from the initial set up. This is entirely my fault so I wouldn't fault the program for this. I like that I can print out a progress graph and put it in their education folder which documents their progress with learning their math facts.
Disclaimer- I received a free subscription to CapJaxMathFax in exchange for my opinion of this program. The comments above are my own views and were not influence by CapJax!
To see what others on the TOS crew are saying about this program go here!