Wednesday 29 February 2012

My OOPS!

Okay, I did a naughty thing according to my children. I missed Shrove Tuesday last week. It completely slipped my mind. It didn't help that the kids have swim lessons and martial arts that day and we didn't get home until nearly 7:30 and I was exhausted.

As a family we really don't give up anything for Lent but we do have the customary pancake dinner. So I thought I would share a tiny secret that I use to make our pancakes turn out great. I add vanilla and cinnamon to our pancake batter and it makes the pancakes turn out tasting fantastic! I can't give exact measurements as I just put a little of both in. Give it a try you won't regret it:).


















9 comments:

  1. Awesome; I am going to try this when making pancakes. Whenever our children and grandchildren visit they are treated to a breakfast made by Grandpa. We always have pancakes; so we will add to it these ingrediants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Cinnamon and vanilla. I sometimes add a bit of nutmeg as well. I love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nutmeg sounds good will try that next time:)

      Delete
  3. Yum! we make pancakes this way too. We found some knock off recipe on how they make the pancakes at Cracker Barrel and hubby tweaked it and it's even better than theirs!

    Vanilla is the secret yummy ingredient for sure. I'm sure yours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done this with waffles, but for some reason never thought about doing it with pancakes! I'll have to give it a try. Pancakes are so much easier to make than waffles, it would be nice to achieve the same taste w/o the mess of waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like them we don't have a waffle iron but I bet this is waffles is good too.

      Delete
  5. Yum...not sure why i have never tried those 2 before!!!Now you have made me want pancakes and it's nearly midnight here!

    ReplyDelete