I'm struggling today. I don't feel very good. I woke up with a head ache, sore throat and sore neck all signs that I may be coming down with something. So in addition this morning to getting breakfast for the kids and starting school work I am trying to locate medicine for myself. I can't locate exactly what I want in the medicine cabinet so that means I need to go out at some point today and go to the store. It is raining and I am not looking forward to it. What does any of this have to do with the title of my post well...
My husband is out of town for a month on business. His job requires a fair bit of traveling and well, I miss him. If he was home I would simply call him up on the phone and say "Honey on your way home please pick of such and such" I would muddle thru the day as best I could and then he would come home with my meds and take over the parenting duties and cook dinner. I would crash on the sofa or bed in a medicated haze and take a nap. That thought would get me thru the day. But he is not here so I am on my own:(.
This has got me thinking that whenever he goes away on his business trips I suddenly lose an extra set of helping hands around the house. I appreciate all his hard work with his job and with raising the kids, but I do admit I forget this when he is here. So I want to take a minute and acknowledge my dear husband and list all the things he does around here. Things that I now need to do in addition to my already busy schedule.
1. Brings in the milk every morning and puts it in the fridge. (we have a delivery service) I left Monday's milk out until nearly 11 am because I forgot about it.
2. Helps me cook dinner (most nights) and if I am too tired or worn out takes us to dinner which is even better!
3. Fixes things -- Something always seems to break or need fixing when he leaves. This time I had to replace our phone as it wasn't charging anymore. It took me forever to figure out what wires were what behind the sofa (what a mess) I had no idea the sofa was that difficult to move. I did get it figured out but not without a web cam help from hubby.
4. Tech support for the computer, I swear this thing hates me:)
5. Help with bed time routine, bathing, brushing of teeth/hair, and story time
6. Taking the very large trash can and recycling bins out and bringing them back in on trash days. I hate that job!
7. Going to the post office and picking up the mail (we have a PO Box) I haven't seen the mail in over a week. If I want the mail then that means loading the kids up and driving 18 miles to the Post office. Time out of my day where I could be doing other things like school work.
8. Filling up the car with gas (that's right I haven't filled up the gas tank in over 2 years because of the system over here) I will have to fill my own tank up once we are back in the states but I am enjoying it for now.
9. Carry the laundry basket up the stairs. I never have to do this for some reason he always carries it up if he sees that the laundry is folded and he even helps puts some of the laundry away (most of the time).
10.Listening to me talk about my day, the kids, school work and reassuring me it will all come together some how
We have another 2 weeks to go before he returns home. So I will forge on being grateful that I have such a wonderful partner and friend. Hurry home Babe...We love you!!