Friday 28 January 2022

Weekly Wrap Up 1/28/22 -- Birthday, School, stain glass and first snow storm

Firedrake turned 20 years old this week!  She was back at college so we had to settle for just a phone call to sing Happy Birthday.  Then we order pizza for her and her roommates to enjoy for dinner.  

I had sent her back to school with a wrapped box of the best cookies - Berger cookies that are only found in the Baltimore area and are out of this world good.  They had those for dessert.  Early that week there roommates made her Chicken Katsu for a birthday dinner which is one on her favorite meals.

 We are plugging along with school, nothing too exciting happening.  We just began reading a new book for Social Justice class 

I have seen the movie but the book is so much better.  It is absolutely horrifying to read what the justice system is like for some people.   Both MarioFan and I find ourselves very upset after reading each chapter.  

We had our first snow storm, only got about 2 inches but it gave me a chance to used up all my firewood stored outside.  My new house will not have a wood burning fireplace but it will have a gas fireplace!  

No neighborhood kids knocked no the door, so MarioFan had to shovel the driveway.  He did manage to talk his Dad into paying him $40 for completing the job.  :)


I finally had some free time to quickly work on my last stain glass project before we move.  I already had all the pieces cut out so I have been slowly working on getting it foiled.
Foil and ready to solder

I got it soldered and was excited to see light behind it.  I just love the colors I picked.  My husband wanted a Yggdrasil tree so I modified "An old Oak tree" pattern by Justin Behnke and added three glass faces to the roots section. 

The panel has been cleaned up and framed!  Now to box it up .  Can't wait to find the perfect window in our new house to hang it up in


No comments:

Post a Comment