Friday 10 December 2021

Weekly Update 12/10/21-- Weekend away and saying goodbye

 Since I was on my way to pick up my Mother to visit over the thanksgiving holiday, my husband and I decided to do a quick visit to Williamsburg!  My husband grew up not too far from there and attended college at William and Mary so it has always been home to him.  However we haven't been back to visited in several years so we thought we would go for a quick visit before heading to my Moms to bring her home over the holidays

Whenever we visit Williamsburg, we have to visit 3 restaurants that my Husband remembers from College and luckily are still in business.  According to my husband Pierces barbecue, the cheese shop and Sal's pizza are the holy trinity of cuisine from his college days.:)


After visiting Williamsburg we were to drive to my Mother place and she was going to drive back to our place however, we got the unfortunate news that my Uncle was very ill.  My mother flew out to Iowa to see him but had to leave her dog Jack behind.  So my husband and I drove to my sister's and pick up Jack and drove him to our house.  


Isn't Jack a cutie, he was so good in the car!

While on the way home it started to snow, yikes, this was mid November, we were not at all prepared for this.  Luckily it didn't really last long.

Once home, we got the news that my Uncle passed away.  I was only home for a day before I headed to Iowa to attend a funeral and pick up my mother and bring her home for thanksgiving.  


Rest In Peace Uncle Jerry, and say HELLO to my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment