Friday 29 October 2021

Weekly Wrap Up 10/29/21-- Visiting my Mom and college Visit

 A week or two ago I went to visit my Mother as she has moved into her new place.  Since my Dad passed away two years ago she decide to downsize and sell her house.  She has a friend from Nursing school that she has know for 60 years and her husband died 4 or 5 years ago.  Mom's friend ask her to move in with her since they are both widows and kinda lonely.  The lady lives in a split level house and has redone the lower level so Mom basically has an apt.  They get together every morning for coffee and walk the dogs together.  During the day they do their own thing, Mom is volunteering and doing art classes, then in the evenings get together for dinner and another dog walk.  So far it is working out great and Mom seems happy.  I went to visit to try to help move her things into her new space.  

Mom and I visiting Solomons island for the day 

My cousin from Florida dropped by and we spent a lovely afternoon walking around a cute little town (forgot the name of it) 

of course the dogs came with us

My Mom and her friend

Mom and I taking another walk at Kings landing which is absolutely beautiful.  My Mom loves living by the water and there is lots of history in the area 

Lexi the husky--- both dogs and are still learning to get along with each other, it has only been a few weeks and they are only dogs syndrome (as in they don't share well)

Before heading home we visited family friends whom I haven't seen in years., but Mom still keeps in contact with.  The Man in the picture I grew up with and he is now the father of three children all over 18.

It was a lovely visit and as usual way too short.  However I will be heading back to pick my Mother up to bring her to our home for Thanksgiving.  


While away my husband and son went to visit  our college student who proudly showed off her college to her brother.  My husband was responsible for taking pictures of this but I have very few as excessive picture taking apparently is only something I do according to my kids and husband.  

He took 1 picture the whole weekend!  Firedrake loved showing her brother around the campus .  As all her roommates left that weekend he even got to see her dorm room!

MarioFan was able to drive a portion of the trip and hit the speed limit of 75, he was very happy to finally be able to drive on the highways.  

When I return home MarioFan was very excited to show me a house that went all out for halloween.
Nightmare before Christmas decorations -- pretty cool

I on the other hand haven't got any decorations up for halloween.  I am also not handing out candy this year, instead Mariofan wants to attend Frightfest at Six Flags on Halloween night.  It will be cold and very crowded but that is what he wants to do.  






No comments:

Post a Comment