Friday 22 October 2021

Weekly Wrap UP 10/22/21-- Scarecrow festival and stain glass project

  Every year our little town holds a Scarecrow festival for the entire month of October.  This year there are over 200 Scarecrows all over town, some are recycled from last year but there are many that are new.  I always take a few pictures of some of my favorites.  I don't find any of them particularly scary but you always get the Debbie downers of the town throwing a fit about this festival saying the scarecrows are disturbing or scary.  Seems like you can't do anything anymore without someone having a complaint about it.  oh well 

Lots of theme ones this year for the local high school 

Raggedy Anne and Andy

Dorothy from wizard of OZ 

a toilet spider outside a plumbers building

an entire skeleton family just enjoying the day 

This one reminded me of Mrs Potato head

there were several groups a scarecrows


This one is appropriate for outside our local Barbecue restaurant 







The Scarecrow festival is also in the month of the towns local celebratory weekend.  Last year it was cancelled but this year they are determined to hold it, even though our area is still reeling form the increase in hospitalizations.  While the county has a mask mandate our local Knuckle-headed mayor has decided not to enforce the mandate so we will be skipping it this year:(!

I started working on a new project.  I bought a pattern but am modifying it slightly.  It will be the Yggdrasil tree of life.  This will be my fall/ winter project.  

I have spent about three days so far (approx 14-16 hours) on this so far.  

I have had a few people contact me about doing commission pieces whether they come through or not is still pending as I gave them the price and they now aren't sure.  I keep telling people glass supplies are expensive and the prices of copper foil, solder and zinc just went up at supply shops.  This usually makes people reconsider lol.  Oh well I will just keep making them for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment