Friday 27 August 2021

Weekly Wrap up 8/27/21-- Cleaning up the school room and college send off

 Last weekend we dropped off our oldest at college for her sophomore year!  She streamlined her packing list this year leaving many things behind that she just had to have last year,  lol!  We got her settled in and she is looking forward to another year in college.  I was hoping this college year would be a little be more normal but with the virus still around it looks like another year of split in person and online classes.  Such a shame as she can't enjoy the true college experience of clubs and activities of previous college students. 

This is a whole lot better than last year:)

She is all settled into the dorm room, met two new roommates and ready for her sophomore year


We have gradually begun 12th grade this week.  We usually start off slow and build up our schedule.  None of MarioFan's online classes have begun so we did just a few things, building up to a full schedule in the next two weeks!  


We still use our School Room as it works better for MarioFan's concentration to have a set place to go.  So over the last week or so I have been tidying up the room and sorting out curriculum and restocking our supplies.  Does anyone else have trouble throwing out old projects?  Even though I have documented everything through the blog I just can't seem to throw out the old projects so they are still cluttering the room, sigh.  


MarioFan's workspace for physics which is is taking through outschool.  I just receive the lab box and we haven't assembled anything yet.  I think we will wait still the class starts next month, just to make sure we don't lose or misplace anything.   He even has a few snacks on his desk for when he need a pick up lol


his computer for online classes which is next to his lab desk fo science


Below is MarioFans work space, I still have him do most of his school here as I find if he is in his room there are too many distractions and he day dreams.  At least here he seems to take things more seriously.  I will work with him on some subjects but he does most of it on his own.  If he doesn't need my help I work at the computer planning the next day assignments or other household mundane things. 


It is clean for now but it won't stay this way for very long!

This is the cleanest my desk has been in a year.  It won't stay this way I assure you.  Clutter seems to follow me wherever I go:)!

Overall it doesn't look too bad, I need to now sort through old curriculum and sell it or give it away and figure out what this room will be once the year is over!  First thing on the agenda is getting rid of old school projects (that will be hard for me)  and then a fresh coat of paint once the school year is over!  



1 comment:

  1. I hope you all have a wonderful year. It feels so strange to be retired from homeschooling. I always thought I would go straight into child care when my last graduated, but with the virus we aren't doing that right now.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete