Friday 20 August 2021

Curriculum Choices for Senior year

 We begin school next week and it is my last year as a Homeschool MOM (total of 14 years!!!).  I can't believe my second child is going to be graduating this year.  Time goes so fast.  We have finally pinned down our Curriculum and subjects that we plan to work on this year.

Over the summer we went over proper studying skills with MarioFan and his friend.    

So without further ado:

CURRICULUM CHOICES FOR 2021-2022

12th  grade Literature and Composition-- 1 credit --I decided to wing it this year.  There are so many books that we want to read and I haven't found a program that has what I am looking for.  I am also considering putting MarioFan into an online semester class with Outschool so he gets to experience someone new teaching this topic since I have always done it with him.  MarioFan and the entire family are putting together a book list.  He will also have writing assignments.  As the year progress I will post what books, poems and short stories we have read.




We include vocabulary 







I have the old Fix It program for grammar but it works for us.  


We also do one page of easy grammar every day!

Physics -- 1 credit -- Outschool class, we really enjoyed the Chemistry teacher last year through this program so we are going to take her physics class.  

Math -- 1 credit-- Teaching textbooks Pre-Calculus.  
I have the book for the old version but I will be purchasing the newest version online.  MarioFan like to have the workbox to look at while doing the online version, he finds going back and forth on the screen to access the book annoying.  They two programs don't always match up but he prefers it this way 


Human Geography-- 1 credit -- we are getting together with a friend and I will be teaching this class to them both.  I have found so many resources for this topic.  I think it will be a fun class for them both.

Social Justice -- .5 credit -- Being taught by another Mom we are using this program that we downloaded for free and I know she took another course through her local library and will be bringing in other resources to the class.  

Finance-- .5 credit -- I plan on using this resource and it is a video teaching program so I am hoping I don't have to do much to fill in the gaps.  also being taught with MarioFan's friend


Cyber Security-- 1 credit -- MarioFan is very interested in learning more about this topic so I found an online program through Code HS and there are people he can contact should he have difficulties.  Since I know nothing about this topic I paid the extra to get that service.      

Spanish 3B -- 1 credit -- MarioFan is doing a small online class with a private tutor.  Same as last year. 

Piano --.5 credit -- private weekly tutor

Driver's ed-- .5 credit -- Over the summer he attended a driving camp where they went over the rules of the road and he passed his driving permit test!  Now he is taking driving lesson from a retired police officer.  In order to take the MO driving test he needs a total 60 hours for on the road driving in all weather conditions and day/night time driving.  We are planning on him getting his license by next spring


I was really hoping we could add in Psychology this year as well however I think his schedule is pretty full.  I am putting it here in case we have to juggle things around or drop something and we may do a half credit of psychology.  


Total number of credits for Senior year is 8.  It will be a full and busy year for MarioFan.  I am lesson planning now for Literature, Human Geography and doing a little bit for Personal Finance.  We decided not to attend co-op this year however we will participate in their graduation ceremony at the end of May or beginning of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment