Friday 13 May 2022

Weekly Wrap Up 5/ 13/22-- Meals in a box

I have been going to the gym for almost 9 months now.  I am still waiting for the time when I crave exercise that everyone says will happen, any day now.  So far I am still dragging myself out of bed and going, I am still not an exercise junkie.  Anyhoo a few of the gym people have been raving about Hello Fresh dinners and posting their meals online and I got curious.  One of the ladies offered me a free 2 meal box coupon (for a family of 4)  and I decided to give it a try.  I must say I was impressed!

The first meal we tried was Italian Chicken sandwich with potato wedges and a garlic mayo sauce

It comes with a picture and recipe card on very nice card stock.  


Each meal was packaged nicely in a bag and put in a box with large ice pack to keep it cool.  

I was very impressed with the quality of the vegetables and chicken.  All spices were individually wrapped -- only thing I added was a red pepper (that was not on the recipe) 
For this meal  I had to chopped everything up and cook in one pan according to directions.  Took about 20 minutes.  The potato were cooked in the oven and super easy to do!

We loved it.  I had so much extra that I made it an open sandwich. We had enough potatoes for a second meal (mainly because my son refused to eat potatoes)  I will definitely be making this again.

The second meal we tried this week was a Mediterranean dish.  This one had me a tad nervous as I had never cooked with Chick Peas before.  

nice card stock recipe card -- it was a vegetarian meal but the recipe card did come with an option to add chicken (which I did) but it was not included in the meal prep bag 


Again everything was well packaged 

Quality of veggies were great

This one was slightly more involved as I had to cut up and baked  the veggies in the oven
then do a little cooking on the stove top

It was delicious!  Another recipe to add to my repertoire.
 
This is a great service for those busy nights when you want someone else to plan your meals and not have to think about what is in your pantry.  We will definitely be using this service again!  I love that the recipe card included is sturdy card stock and includes all measurements so that I can recreate this meal on my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment