Friday 24 December 2021

Weekly Update 12/24/21 -- Merry Christmas

 Firedrake drove all the way home from college all by herself.  We had booked her plane tickets but her classes and finals ended sooner than we anticipated and she wanted to get home and not wait as her roommates had all left already.  I was a nervous wreck all day waiting for her to arrive, but she managed it and is very proud of herself.  Her Dad and I are too although I know I grew a few more gray hairs worrying the entire day for her to arrive.

I threw out our large artificial Christmas tree last year because all the lights were starting to go out and every time I fixed one strand and then decorated the tree another strand would go out.  It drove me bonkers so I pitched it with the plan to buy a new one this year.  Well my plans have been put on hold due to the increase in cost of trees this year (I will wait until the prices come down). I am determined to get a 7 foot LED lite Christmas tree.  

So for this year I pulled out our very small table top tree and we only put up the kids Christmas ornaments.  I buy them a new ornament every year to put on the tree.  MarioFan ornament is a car (because he is learning to drive) and Firedrake got a driver license ornament (I never bought her a car one when she got her license). Both kiddos loved the ornaments and added it to the tree. They weren't  too upset about the smallish tree because it still had all their decorations on it.  The kids love looking back at past ornaments that they have been given for Christmas, brings back so many memories.

tree looks slanted here but it isn't lol

I am taking a week off blogging so I can enjoy the holidays with my family.  See you next year


MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment