Friday 11 December 2020

Weekly Wrap UP 12/11/20. Christmas ornaments

 Every year since the kids were born they have gotten a special ornament that somehow represents what has happened to them during the year!  When they were younger my husband or I would chose the ornament based on their interests or accomplishments, but now that the kids are older they are choosing their own special ornament.  


MarioFan chose this ornament for his collection 
I guess it sums up his year

Firedrake chose these ornaments which we got at her college bookstore (last year but have been saving them for this Christmas as it is her first year at college
I also bought her the ornament that MarioFan picked out because I thought it was important and sort of funny 

In addition we lost our Bearded Dragon last month so I wanted to have something small to remember him by.  I found a site that could turn pictures into Christmas ornaments so I order one 

I also had one designed for my Hedgehog that I lost a couple of years ago because I still remember him and really enjoyed having him as a pet.

We are now working on getting additional ornaments made for all the other animals in the house: the dog, cat, leopard gecko and two guinea pigs.  They haven't arrived yet but hopefully will get here before Christmas. 

Lastly, my mother started sending me the White House Christmas ornament every year since I got married in 1999.  This year's ornament is to honor JFK.  


We always decorate the house the weekend after Thanksgiving 

                                             
Most of these Christmas ornaments were given to my Husband and I as a wedding gift.  We honeymooned in Germany and someone gifted us with a box of ornaments from Germany that our given to the Bride for their first Christmas which is suppose to bring good luck.  I love them

Next I decorate stair -- Deck the halls -- as they sing:)

The felt Christmas tree here I purchased when the kids were very young and they still insist it goes up and love to fill it in every day till Christmas


Our 7 foot tree.  Discovered yet another strand of light that are out.  One I can hide by placing it towards the window.  The second strand that is out we didn't discover until the tree was up and now I can't rearrange it.  I have the worst luck trying to correct lights that our out.  I am dreaming of one day owning an LED Christmas tree!
My Mantle of Scottish Christmas Santa's.  They go up every single year!  

1 comment:

  1. What lovely ornaments. I love the idea of giving Christmas ornaments as a wedding gift. How lovely.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete